10 easy steps to make it easier,
Airport too expensive ? Outrageous prices keep going up? Need better rates & a more secure option?
” Theft is on the rise and crime out of control “
Independent private secure car parking facilities are the new way to go,
1. To store a car, typically the space needed for about $80 per month. Suitable for small cars, but larger vehicles or RVs may require more space. If you plan on storing your car for an extended period, it’s important to follow car storage tips to ensure it remains in good condition for when you’re ready to hit the road again.
2. Before storage cleaning and maintenance prior to storing your car, wiping down both the interior and exterior is essential. This includes running it through a car wash or using soap and water to remove any dirt or grime. Additionally, wiping down the inside of the car is crucial to prevent the attraction of pests due to leftover food debris. By taking the time to give your car a proper cleaning, you can protect its paint job and ensure its overall condition during storage.
3. When storing a car or vehicle over time, Changing the engine oil is highly recommended. the engine oil and air filter. This helps prevent engine issues caused by old oil and clogged air filters. You can easily find an oil change package at your local auto parts store, where they can also assist you with the right oil for your specific car’s make and model. Additionally, getting a fresh air filter ensures proper engine performance and makes it easier to start your vehicle when you need it again after car storage. Remember to dispose of the old oil properly by taking your car to a shop for an oil change.
4. When deciding to store a car long term, it is important to check and top off the coolant. This will ensure that your vehicle is properly maintained, for added cold weather assurance to prevent freezing and ready to use when you retrieve it from storage. You have the option to either take your car to a shop for this maintenance, or follow the simple steps to replace the fluids and check the anti-freeze on car parts yourself. Auto Parts is a helpful resource for this task.
5. When considering car storage for an extended period, it is important to take certain precautions to ensure its well-being. Firstly, always fill up your gas tank and consider adding a fuel stabilizer. This simple step can save you from potential issues down the line. Avoid leaving your car with an empty fuel tank, especially during the winter months. An empty tank can lead to condensation, which in turn can cause rust. To prevent this, make sure your gas tank is full before storing your car. To further protect your car’s fuel, add a fuel stabilizer. This will help extend the life of the gasoline in your tank for up to a year. Investing in a good fuel stabilizer, such as STA-BIL, is worth it for long-term car storage. It costs only $5 for an 8 Fl. oz. bottle and provides excellent value.
6. Preventing flat spots on your tires when storing vehichle long term, there are a few methods you can try. Firstly, consider over inflating your tires to help them maintain their shape. Another option is to use tire blocks or chocks to keep your vehicle in place and reduce the pressure on the tires. If you want to take extra precautions, you can remove the tires and store your vehicle on jack stands. This will completely remove the weight from the tires and prevent any damage. However, it may not be the most convenient option. Lastly, if you’re able to access your vehicle regularly, try moving it once a month to rotate the tires. This will help distribute the weight and prevent flat spots from forming. By taking these steps, you can protect your tires and ensure they’re in good condition when you’re ready to hit the road again.
7.Long term car storage can be hard on a vehicles’ battery, it’s important to disconnect it, hooking up a trickle charger. You can keep the battery charged and ready for use when you need it.. Alternatively, you can remove the battery and store it at home while keeping it charged. If you don’t have this option, it’s best to bring another vehicle and a pair of jumper cables with you when you take your car out of storage. Here are the simple steps to safely remove your car’s battery. By following these steps, you can ensure that your car battery remains in good condition and ready for use when you need it. Whether you choose to use a trickle charger or store the battery at home, it’s important to take the necessary precautions to keep it charged and functional.
8. Consider using a car cover to protect your vehicle. Whether you are storing it indoors or outdoors, a car cover can shield your car from dust, debris, rain, UV light, and rodents. There are various car covers available at different price points, so you can choose one that suits your needs and budget. For indoor storage, many affordable options on online, such as E-bay or Amazon .
9. When selecting a car parking facility, it is important to consider the duration of storage and the level of protection required. While outdoor parking is generally sufficient with proper car care, it is advisable to periodically check on the vehicle during long-term storage. Outdoor car parking options, whether covered or uncovered, are available at varying monthly costs. For enhanced security, secure car parking may be more suitable for your needs , both short term & long term are available at a grow as t savings.
10. PDX Auto offers both long-term and short-term secure car parking at an amazing rate